Next up in our series of tips on how to attract new customers to your restaurant or retail business and keep your current ones is the blog on your website. Not only is it a way to communicate with your customers, fresh new content also will help improve your SEO:
Don’t let your website languish while you focus on other social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. The blog section of your website can help you attract new customers and keep your current ones – even if they never visit your website! Here’s why….
Google Values Fresh Content
This will increase your websites authority and search rankings. If you are on a WordPress site (and who isn’t these days?) there are plugins that allow you to post content in your blog and then automatically push it out to your social media channels. That’s a win-win for SEO and as a major time saver.
It Boosts Your Brand Identity
As they say, out of sight, out of mind. Regular posts will let you present the cool and unique things going on at your restaurant. And combined with your social media, this gives your customers a platform to interact with you about their likes and dislikes.
Pictures and Videos = More Customers
We all know that your customers love to take selfies and videos – and when you join in by posting a picture of today’s new deals or a behind the scenes video at your business, you’ll be amazed at the customer engagement you’ll get.
It Strengthens Your Authority
Are you an Italian restaurant or Farm-To-Table or Seafood restaurant? A high end custom jeweler or a discount box store? Focus on what makes you unique and give your customers the confidence that when you talk about your niche, you know your stuff! And that can be from the knowledge your staff presents to the customer to the types of vendors you use to source the items on your menu or the products you carry in your store.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind on how to post:
- Use attention grabbing headlines to increase your CTA (Call To Action) on promotions
- Remember – take time to frame and light your images correctly – and ALWAYS use an image or video.
- Don’t rush and make sure to spell check and proofread. Auto-correct is NOT your friend.
- Give them a solid CTA button or link, i.e. Try Our New Happy Hour Apps for FREE with this coupon.
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. have the least amount of engagement per day.
And following our own advice, if you’re interested in more advice, book a FREE 30 minute consultation below.